I do think I could eat pizza every day. It’s probable I could go almost 2 weeks before I would need to start repeating. Let’s see….
- Italian Sausage
- Pork Sausage – I know…this sounds like a repeat but the seasonings are a bit different
- BLT – baked crust spread with a ranch dressing style sauce or spread, pizza, sliced tomatoes and shredded lettuce and cheese. The one I had in Rome had prosciutto!
- Italian Sausage and Eggplant
- Bacon Cheeseburger
- Shrimp and Pesto
- Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken and Potato (hey that rhymes with ….never mind)
- Mexican (regular pizza crust or soft tortilla) with spicy Chorizo
- New Orleans style (with andouille)
- Thai Chicken (chicken with peanut sauce, thin carrot slivers, green onions and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce…mwah!)
- Combo (1 or more meats, assorted veggies, red sauce and cheese)
Plain pepperoni would make 15. And if I made my Chocolate Brownie Pizza, the list would reach 16 AND cover dessert! But there are others, too. Minsky’s Pizzeria makes Philly Cheesesteak and a Buffalo Wing pizza. I could add those to my repertoire.
I would say plain cheese but that doesn’t count…plain cheese? It’s just there…it’s like counting vanilla ice cream as ice cream.
If you think about it, pizza is almost the perfect meal, if prepared correctly. Almost. You’d have to work hard to create a Pizza Diet that would actually work.
- Fiber from the crust
- Meat provides protein
- The cheese provides dairy
- Tomato sauce, peppers, onions, etc….there’s your veggies!
Celebrate today by making your own “Everything” pizza. You can use regular or wheat crust. Or use a flour tortilla, flatbread or Flatout.
Have a good weekend!