If you still have candy left over from Halloween, today is the day to indulge your sweet tooth again. It’s National Candy Day.
- Americans consume about 25 pounds of candy each year.
- American adults (18 and over) consume 65 percent of the candy that’s produced each year.
- American consumers average 10-12 pounds of chocolate a year, while in the UK they eat almost twice that amount.
When we eat chocolate:
- • 66% of chocolate is consumed between meals.
- • 22% of all chocolate consumption takes place between 8pm and midnight.
- • More chocolate is consumed in winter than any other season.