It’s been a slow process lately. I’ve had several distractions and time available for exercise has been somewhat low. Since the last post, I’ve only lost 2 pounds. While I celebrate any success, I still must stop and examine why I haven’t lost more. Instead of excuses, it’s more productive for me to look at the facts.
- Exercise has not been enough lately. There were time periods of several days where I didn’t walk or do the Wii. Although I did have a few days where I was up and down the stairs with laundry or running around with my youngest god children, it still was not enough to put a dent in my weight loss.
- For someone who usually tries to eat at least 3 meals a day, there were days where my meal plan was completely inconsistent. As a former chef, there’s a constant battle between my foodaholic side vs. my health nut side. There’s nothing like good food with good friends. And no one wants to be the one eating a pale chicken cutlet and veggies when everyone else is eating cheesy, greasy food. So, I indulged a couple of days. Then there were a couple of days where I trying so hard to focus on tasks that I started to get dizzy. I realized one day it was one o’clock and I hadn’t eaten anything at all. Not good.
- The curse started to take effect. It never fails…the minute I start to exercise, I started to get sick. The change in weather affected my sinuses so my nose started running, then draining down my throat, then into my chest, which created a cough..that’s enough detail…you get the picture.
So, this week, I gotta get back to my routine.
- I’m back to using Calorie Count to plan each meal with 2 snacks.
- I’ve upped my Wii level to Flan (115 calories). Since I started on Monday, I’ve reached high scores on Ski Slalom, Kung Fu Karate, and several other games. But I got say, increasing the number of calories burned is small but I can tell the difference, especially today.
- Rest is essential. Since I don’t sleep well at night, I either take a nap or just lay down for 30 minutes or so to relax, meditate, etc.
- I’m back to taking a multi-vitamin for extra support.
I am not giving up. The motivation, which I’ve always been lacking, is now there. I DO want to be healthier because I want to be here for as long as God wants me to.