- The moment you realized there’s a difference between your natural self and your spiritual self.
- The moment you realized it was time to grow up and live an adult life.
- The moment you realized that it was time to leave and move on (a job, a relationship, a situation, etc.).
- The moment you realized that you were repeating the same mistakes and getting nowhere. Or you were falling in love with the same person but with a different face.
- The moment you realize that the past is a place that you don’t have to visit anymore.
Once you experience that moment, the world changes. And you can never go back to the person you were before that moment.
A little before I hit thirty, I went into counseling to confront my issues. And during my time of prayer, discussion and meditation, I felt like I finally got IT! I started looking at myself, other people and the world through a different lens. Authenticity became more important to me. And my relationship with God got deeper and clearer.
If you STILL haven’t gotten IT yet, at least once, it’s not too late. It will just be harder for you. Breaking old habits and changing your behavior seems more difficult as we get older and set in our ways. But it can be done! You have to pray, read, talk, be open, seek support, meditate, take chances, and move out of your comfort zone.
You have to move your natural self out of the way to make room for your spiritual self. Any negative attitudes, any fears and any insecurities must be released before you can allow truth, peace, joy and all that is good into your life.
Quotes of the day:
Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be Revelation.
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. I Corinthians 2:10
Jody Watley – It All Begins with You
Tata Vega providing the vocals for Shug Avery in the movie, the Color Purple.